St. Hyacinth Academy has an established uniform policy and dress code. All students are required to be in uniform during school hours and adhere to the Dress Code for all extra-curricular activities, e.g.: graduation, school dances, and other school sponsored activities. The Uniform Policy is divided into three categories: Dress Uniform (required), Casual Uniform (optional), and Physical Education Uniform (required). Additional optional wear may be purchased from the outlined uniform list. All uniforms must be purchased from True Grits Uniform Company
Girls Dress Uniform
- Grades KR-5 -- Jumper with Grey or White School Polo Shirt
- Grades 6-8 -- Multi pleat Skirt with Grey or White School Polo Shirt
Girls Casual Uniform (optional)
- Walking Shorts or Twill Pants with Grey or White School Polo Shirt
Boys Dress Uniform
- Twill Pants with Grey or White School Polo Shirt
Boys Casual Uniform (optional)
- Bermuda Shorts with Grey or White School Polo Shirt
Physical Education Uniform (Girls/Boys grades 1-8) (required)
*Purchase thru JMCustoms. Website on the bottom.
- Gray School P.E. T-Shirt and Royal Blue Gym, shorts mesh
- Royal blue sweat pants
- Tennis Shoes or appropriate rubber soled shoes.
Optional Uniform Wear - Grades KR-8
- Royal Blue Zip Hooded Sweatshirt
- Royal Blue Cardigan Sweater
- Royal Blue Sweat Shirt
- (Girls) Bike Shorts May be worn under jumper/skirt.
- Jacket, Nylon Fleece Lined Hooded
All students must be in Dress Uniform for weekly Mass (Tuesdays) and other designated days throughout the year.
Additional Uniform Policy
- A white t-shirt may be worn under the Polo Shirt.
- Socks must be a standard white crew sock. Top of sock may be no lower than 1 inch from the top of the shoe.
- Girls may wear white or navy tights with a skirt/Jumper.
- Appropriate non-uniform jackets or sweaters may be worn for outside wear over school sweatshirt or sweater. Only school sweatshirt or sweater will be allowed in the classroom.
- Only closed toe and heel shoes may be worn on campus. It is strongly suggested that students wear tennis shoes or athletic shoes, no slip on shoes. No boots or uggs boots are allowed. Shoes should be appropriate size and tied or secured properly.
- Periodically throughout the year, students will be allowed free dress. Free dress refers to dress that is appropriate and in keeping with the philosophy and standards of Saint Hyacinth Academy. General dress code policies apply. Girls are not allowed to wear spaghetti strap shirts of any kind.
- Girls may not wear makeup or fingernail polish. Clear nail polish is acceptable.
- Girls may wear small earrings, a small chain, and/or wrist watch.
- Boys may wear a small chain and/or wrist watch. Boys may not wear earrings. Religious items only.
- Boy's hair is not permitted to be below the neck line or covering the eyes, girl's hair is not permitted to cover eyes.
- No unusual hair styles are allowed which include but are not limited to cuts, bleaches, tints and dyes.
- Shirts must be tucked in pants, shorts or skirts.
- Uniforms must be in good condition; clean with no holes, tears, missing buttons, etc.
- If belts are worn, they must be simple, black and the proper waist length. No unusual styles.
- Pants are to be the appropriate size.
- Pants and shorts are to be worn at the student's natural waist line.
- No baggy pants will be allowed.
- Shorts are to be no longer than the knee and no shorter than 2 inches above the knee.
- Polo, sweat, and t-shirts are to be the appropriate size for the student.
- Skirts and Jumpers are to be knee length.
Please Note: Because something in the Uniform Policy / Dress Code is not specifically prohibited, it does not mean it is acceptable. The Uniform Policy / Dress Code should be followed as written. Contact the school office if there is a question.
All School Uniforms can be purchased from Lands' End and/or JMCustoms. Uniforms may be purchased online at:
Email: [email protected]
*Physical Education Uniforms must be purchased thru JMCustoms