In accordance with the policy set forth by the Diocese of San Bernardino, St. Hyacinth Academy Catholic School admits students of any race, color, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or ethnic origin regarding its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship, athletic, or other school administered programs.
Since St. Hyacinth Academy Catholic School is established by the Catholic community as a religious school, preference in admission and scholarship will be given to practicing members of the Catholic community. Students entering St. Hyacinth Academy Catholic School for the first time will be accepted conditionally on the basis of readiness testing, an interview, and on the recommendation of the previous school of attendance. All new students admitted to St. Hyacinth Academy Catholic School are enrolled on an academic and disciplinary probation for one academic year.
The process for acceptance to St. Hyacinth Academy includes the following:
- All new students along with their families are interviewed before acceptance.
- All candidates for admission must present the most recent standardized test scores and report card as part of the evaluation.
- New students are on academic and disciplinary probation for one year.
- Parents agree to actively support the spiritual, academic, and financial standards of the school as well as all school rules and policies.
Students with Learning Difficulties
Reasonable accommodations will be made for students with special needs. Administrative and faculty assessments will be made during this period of time to determine if the school can serve the student's needs.
Kindergarten students must be five year of age by September 1st.
Required Admission Documents
Certain documents must be submitted to the school prior to the acceptance. Enrollment will not be considered if records are incomplete. All forms and fees received at registration must be completed and signed before admission is final.
- Immunization records must be complete and up-to-date.
- A physical examination report on file is mandatory for all incoming pre-school, pre-kindergarten, kindergarten and first grade students.
- Parent/Family interview.
- A copy of each student' s birth certificate and sacramental certificates (if Roman Catholic)
- Final approval by the administration is required for admission.